FASTING- What is Blocking you?
FASTING- What is Blocking you?
Throughout the years of ministering with people, many have told me that they know God is calling them to fast for their breakthrough, BUT.....
Their lifestyle is in the way in the simplest of manners. They are addicted to caffeine drinks especially their daily doses of coffee. Most are well aware of the terrible headaches that caffeine withdrawal causes.
Many don't realize this so I will say it, your body will indeed produce its own energy to carry you through the day and night if you get off of caffeine. You will not be on an energy roller coaster like stimulants cause. You will wake up able to function with a smile on your face, before you have had anything to drink. You won't get to post coffee memes anymore, but your body will thank you.
Don't let anything get in the way of your spiritual growth and progress. I merely use caffeine drinks as an example. Fasting should be part of a Christian's lifestyle, not out of religious traditions or rituals, but because we understand the importance of what it will do in our life, the community, regions, and world. IT IS THAT POWERFUL!
Many say, Lord I will do anything just tell me what to do, except...."that"
19 Then the disciples came to Jesus privately and said, “Why could we not cast it out?”
20 So Jesus said to them, “Because of your unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. 21 However, this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting.
Some of your unresolved and stubborn issues may indeed require fasting and prayer to break off the demonic assignment over your life.
1. Biblical fasting is refraining from food for a spiritual purpose. I know there is a growing segment of people who are fasting material things like electronics or social media, but I firmly believe this is a deception. If there was another option, it would have been in the Bible. God is an on purpose God, and He will only tell you what will bring you life and not death.
I will also say that no amount of fasting electronics will cause you to have a true breakthrough. The connection between food and the spirit is supernatural, for good or bad. If Jesus is our example, follow Him and not what popular culture says you can get away with. You may be addicted to television and it cause you deep angst to go without, but in truth, soon you will be just fine. Not so without food. Your body requires it to survive. The war between the flesh and spirit is in the balance. No other aspect will bring you to the point of pure surrender with God, in every part of your being.
2. Fasting purifies not only our bodies but also our hearts. It empties us of unbelief and aligns our faith and trust in a way that allows us to triumph over our circumstances
3. Jesus says about fasting, “When you fast . . . ” (Matthew 6:16). God did not say fasting was for those certain kinds of people. No, it was for everyone to do. When you fast, your spirit is able to tap into areas that the flesh was blocking.
4. Fasting sets us up for a stronger infilling from God. We exchange food for the Word, Worship, and Prayer with a higher level of intensity. Fasting teaches us to hunger after God with a focus that we normally do not reach in our daily walk. Our expectations increase and in that, we see a supernatural manifestation.
5. When we humble ourselves, God will lift us up. Fasting should only be done through humility. Do not fast to show off some religious image to someone else. God is not honored.
6. When we are not strong enough to break through a barrier, we need to add fasting to our prayers. God meets us at our point of weakness and gives us His strength to break through.
7. In the New Testament, we see how the anointing for ministry was released after people prayed and fasted. God will call you to fast at these times as well, and it is important to listen to the leading of the Holy Spirit.
Consider what is stopping you from walking into the realms that God has set aside for His people. I have heard a ton of reasons as to why a person "is unable to" fast. There is no legalism in fasting. You structure this agreement between you and God, but remember, that He must honor the arrangement. If it is not in His alignment, you will reap no benefit from the effort. I do not expect a person to live up to how I fast, but we all must live up to how God would have each one us to fast.
God will work with you to achieve your breakthrough. Honor Him with your Best and Honest intentions. When you are true in your agreement, you can even go grocery shopping while fasting and not fall to temptation. Your mind and will are stronger than your flesh! Focus on the Prize and Results you are petitioning God for. It will carry you through to the end. Trust the process even when you feel nothing happening around you. Your persistence and determination is not going unnoticed in the spirit realms. You will reap the reward for what you have sown during fasting.